Just a quick recap today as I didn’t get to see much of it due to other working priorities. After being down by 12 in the 3rd quarter Jarrett Jack (?!) and Emeka Okafor rallied the team to make a run into the fourth quarter. It seemed as I watched the game that it was inevitable that New Orleans would regather the lead. David West should be credited with his cluch play down the stretch as he hit a jumper, got a blocked shot and hit two money free throws to ice the game. There were a few doubious calls that went the Hornets way and if I were a Raptors fan I’d be pissed. However I am not so let’s move on to some dot points.
- Chris Paul really seems to be bother by this injury(s). He only scored 6 points but did have 11 assists on 0 turnovers.
- David West had a decent game, but it was made even more impressive by the lack of anyone else showing up. He finished with 23 points on 18 shots, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks and 2 steals.
- Emeka Okafor needs to be considered for an All-Star selection. His recent play has been outstanding for a center and in each month his points per game has increased (as too his minutes). He scored 17 points, grabbed 16 rebounds (12 of which were offensive!).
- Jarrett Jack was very good off the bench, more so in the second half. He dropped 15 points in the second period, finishing with 17 overall, 3 assists and 2 rebounds.
- Announced attendance was 15, 155 which is decent, but we can do better. If the Hornets average just shy of 15,000 over the next 3 games they will reach the benchmark which may or may not be a big deal.