The Hornets flopped, straight into the mud and they didn’t seem to mind. A very critical and important seeding game the men in creole blue had no idea what they were doing on the court. The spacing on offense, the fact that Chris Paul deferred time and time again to post up options in Emeka Okafor and isolation plays to Trevor Ariza should tell you how bad it really was.
It wasn’t so much that the defense was horrid, because after the first quarter it somewhat tightened up. The offense stank. Guys like Marco Belinelli, Carl Landry, Willie Green and even Emeka Okafor have to step up and provide some creativity. They did not, it was plain awful. It’s like watching a little kid running around on a concrete surface. You watch, knowing what will happen, you see him run towards the crack, his toe gets caught, you cringe, watch in slow motion as his face THUDS against the hard surface.
The playoffs are going to be a dreadful, boring, Denver Nugget like series. I was planning on buying NBA League Pass for the playoffs, but now there’s no way I’m forking out 90 dollars for this embarrassment.
I don’t feel like doing Good, Bad and Other observations. It was all bad. I’ll just throw some dots at you.
- Carl Landry has been figured out. Pack the lane and he’s rendered useless.
- Chris Paul needs the ball, in his hands, every possession and it only leaves his hands if he’s passing to a shooter, passing to a guy in the lane for a layup or he himself decides to score himself. I don’t want to see Paul pass the ball, waste 8 seconds on the shot clock to run around some pointless screens only to get the ball back and then force a poor shot up.
- Emeka Okafor played so poorly…
- Aaron Gray needs to check-e-dy-check himself before he wrecks not only himself but the entire basketball community.
- Hornets get swept, we go into the offseason down an owner, down fans who are unwilling to spend money on something that might not be there in 6-12 months time. It’s going to be a rough year…
Next up is the Dallas Mavericks, it’s on national television and I wish it wasn’t. All they will talk about is how the Hornets are going to move, how the team will get swept, what Chris Paul’s jersey size is for a Knicks uniform and yadda-yadda.
Final Word: Disgrace