So with the Lakers beating the Sacramento Kings the New Orleans Hornets will now matchup with the defending champions in the first round. This is probably the worst matchup for the Hornets with everyone, including myself, writing of New Orleans. The Lakers have size that NOLA can’t match, they have experience, they have toughness, they have a scorer. They are better.
Really I’ve been bracing myself for this matchup from about two weeks ago. It seemed like it was just meant to be, so I have kind of accepted the fact that we have a lot of work to do in the offseason.
Kobe Bryant is going to murder any of the Hornet two-guards. Marcus Thornton did a terrific job on Bryant in today’s game, so it kind of pierces the heart knowing we gave him away. Chris Paul matches up well with Derek Fisher, but everything else is just butt-ugly.
So what will your predictions be, 4-0? 4-1? Let’s hear your comments below…Go Hornets!
UPDATE: This is the schedule for the series
- Game 1, Sunday, April 17, at L.A. Lakers, 2:30 p.m. (ABC)
- Game 2, Wednesday, April 20, at L.A. Lakers, 9:30 p.m. (TNT)
- Game 3, Friday, April 22, at New Orleans, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
- Game 4, Sunday, April 24, at New Orleans, 8:30 p.m. (TNT)
- Game 5, Tuesday, April 26, at L.A. Lakers, time TBD, if necessary
- Game 6, Thursday, April 28, at New Orleans, time TBD, if necessary
- Game 7, Saturday, April 30, at L.A. Lakers, time TBD, if necessary