Things did not go according to plan for the New Orleans Pelicans, who fell short at home to the Chicago Bulls 117-110, after a lackluster defensive performance.
The New Orleans Pelicans ended the month of March by playing some of their best basketball of the season.
Unfortunately it only feels like a matter of time before their playoff hopes are officially ended. Those chances were greatly enhanced, after the Pelicans lost to the Chicago Bulls.
More from Pelicans News
- How will the Pelicans round out rotation without Trey Murphy III
- Why you can’t blame Brandon Ingram for all Team USA’s failures
- New Orleans Pelicans avoid potential disaster with latest injury reports
- 3 New Orleans Pelicans whose role will increase next season
- Pelicans getting the fans involved with their upcoming festival
The Bulls, despite being on the second night of a back-to-back, dictated the pace of the game. New Orleans was able to stick around, due to effectiveness getting to the line and converting 33 of their 34 attempts from the stripe.
Overall, New Orleans looked lethargic on both ends and the Bulls looked like a team fighting for a playoff spot. This loss nearly guarantees that the Pelicans will be watching the playoffs from home, but there is still plenty to watch for in these final games.
Below are the grades from today’s contest.
The New Orleans Pelicans will look to finish their home schedule strong Tuesday night. They will be home one more time this season, as they face off with the Denver Nuggets. Tip-off is on schedule for 7:00 p.m. CST.